- Baby arugula (enough for how many people you are serving)
- 2–3 handfuls of shredded white cabbage
- 2–3 handfuls of shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup cooked farro, wheat berries or soft berries (you can used cooked quinoa too)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's 1/2 the fat mayo)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Transfer to a container and leave in the fridge until ready to use.
Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl; add more if you need a larger salad. Add dressing as needed, and toss so that everything is coated.
To cook the grains:
Put 1 cup wheat berries into a saucepan and add three cups of water to it. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cover. Ready in 30–40 minutes. The cooked grain should be chewy, but not tough. When done, drain and toss with 1 tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Make ahead of time so that the grains are cooled before adding them to the salad.