- Broccoli, 3 stalks
- 2 onions, cut into slices
- 3 hearty over ripe tomatoes, cut into slices
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 eggs (you can use a combination of eggs and egg whites)
- 1 tbs. Herbs de Provence (or combination of oregano and basil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To Roast the Vegetables: Preheat oven to 375°F. The roasted vegetables can be prepared the day before and refrigerated. If making the same day, place the broccoli, onion and tomato slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and roast in oven for 30-45 minutes, turn vegetables over midway and continue to roast until browned. Set aside.
Prepare the Frittata: Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil the bottom of a 9x11 Pyrex glass pan with olive oil. Coarsely chop the roasted broccoli and onions into bite-sized pieces and place on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
In small bowl whisk together the eggs, herbs de Provence, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheese and place the tomato slices on top. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden on top.