- 1 cup quinoa (red or white)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp. cumin (adjust according to your taste)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, canned, frozen (thawed) or fresh
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup of edamame beans, shelled
- 1 – 19 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- A handful of flat parsley, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Zest from lime (use the lime that you juiced)
Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 12 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered pot on the stove for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool.
Whisk the oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, cumin and hot sauce in a small bowl – adjust the seasonings accordingly to your taste.
Add the cooled quinoa in a serving bowl. Add to it the corn, diced red pepper, edamame, black beans and chopped parsley. Add the dressing and salt, mix well and then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle lime zest on top of the salad before serving.
Serve cold or at room temperature.