Bakes 24-30 cookies
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, softened (not melted!!)
- 2 tbs. lightly packed, chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbs. ground flax seeds (golden preferred)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate semisweet chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to beat together the coconut oil and rosemary, until relatively smooth. Add the sugar and beat for about a minute.
Add the non-dairy milk and flax seeds and beat once again, for 30 seconds or so. Mix in the vanilla.
Add about half the flour, as well as the salt and baking soda and mix well. Add the remainder of the flour, along with the chocolate chips, and mix well until it resembles cookie dough.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets in rounded spoonfuls. Flatten gently with your hands. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown.
Let cool on sheets for 3 minutes or so, then transfer to cooling racks to cool the rest of the way.