Makes 8 nice sized pieces - 1 per serving
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flakes (you could use all oatmeal or a combination of oatmeal, buckwheat and/or spelt flakes totalling 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbs. whole flax seeds
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite non dairy milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs. coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7 x 11 baking dish (I used the small aluminium baking pans that Costco sells!) with coconut oil or canola oil - I used some coconut oil.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oatmeal, buckwheat flakes, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, flax seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, beat together the unsweetened vanilla almond milk with the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, egg and melted coconut oil. Pour the liquid mixture evenly over the dry ingredients and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the liquid absorb. Spoon mixture into prepared pan evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes until set.
You can freeze individual pieces easily. Enjoy!!