- 1/3 cup canola oil (or your favorite one!)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 cup capers
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions and drain well when ready. Set aside to cool.
Put all the dressing ingredients in a small Mason jar or other salad dressing container. Shake to blend well.
Place the cooled orzo pasta, cucumber pieces, chickpeas, sun dried tomatoes and capers in a serving bowl and toss. Add dressing as needed, store the leftover in the fridge for other uses. If using feta cheese, crumble over the salad right before serving.