Need a Little Something in Your Salads?
I love salads but after a while, they just taste the same and I lose interest. If you add a little something to them, you can take your salad to a whole other level!
Not only will you have a great salad, but you’ll be more inclined to make healthier choices and be mindful!
I’ve got great ideas for this!!
Why not add some different textures, colors and tastes to your salad?? It may be just the thing that you need instead of a salad with just the basic veggies.
Here are some ideas:
- Fresh strawberry, blueberry, pear, apple or orange slices
- 1 tablespoons of chopped dried fruit
- Have you ever tried adding shredded coconut?
- Edamame beans
- Shredded purple and/or green cabbage
- Sliced or spiralized beets
- 1 tbs. of chopped nuts/seeds
- Chopped fennel
- Chunks of avocado
- Shredded or spiralled carrots
- Purple radish microgreens
- Grate a hard boiled egg in your salad
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Roasted veggies
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa or other cooked grains
- Roasted butternut squash or sweet potato
- Fresh chopped herbs- I love adding fresh basil, oregano and mint!
- Grated fresh lemon or orange zest
Anything sound good to you? Just remember to watch your portions with some of these ‘add ins’ because a handful of this and a handful of that, can add up to way more than you anticipated!
I’d love to hear from you!!
Now that I started this list, please continue and share your favorite things to add in your salad!