Do You Need Some Good Tips for Night Time Snacking?
I love frozen yogurt or ice cream as a snack. But when I had 1/2 a cup every night for my snack, it caused me to gain weight. 1/2 a cup isn’t a lot in calories, but having it almost every night caused me to be hungrier during the day and I just couldn’t manage to make healthier choices.
Remember – eating healthy is not just about having less calories, it’s what you eat and how much. I’m a strong believer in not being deprived and love my snacks before bed.
Salt or sugar cravings don’t just magically disappear, but if you eat healthier and change up your snacks with better choices and indulge less frequently, you can keep it at bay and eat mindfully.
Here Are Some Ideas:
• Create your own yogurt parfait with a dollop of yogurt and fresh fruit – top with a spoonful of your favorite dry cereal or a teaspoon of crushed nuts
• Small bowl of fresh fruit with sliced almonds or 2 pieces of dark chocolate (I love fruit with dark chocolate)
• Homemade popcorn – give it a little zing and add spice to it
• 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of your favorite frozen treat (read the package for serving size) – alone or with some fresh fruit
• Fruit smoothie made with some fruit, water (or non-dairy milk) and some chia seeds
• Homemade muffin
• 2 squares of dark chocolate
• Herbal tea
• Unsweetened applesauce
• Baked apple
• A glass of milk
As always I’d love to hear from you!
What’s your favorite snack at night? Please share in the comments below!