My Top 10 Tips for Mindful Eating
Between the holidays, emotional eating, take out food, a lot of baking – do you find that there’s been constant eating and not all of it has been healthy choices? And if you’re having a hard time to get back into your groove, you’re not alone.
I find it difficult and many of my clients and friends tell me that they have the same challenges. So, what are you going to do?
#1 Keep telling yourself that you are not dieting, so this will be a piece of cake for you – no pun intended!! Seriously, if you take a deep breath and have a positive attitude, you can do it.
Here are my Top 10 Tips to Help You get Back on Track:
1. Plan to have some healthy prepared salads in your fridge.
2. Plan at least 2 meals for the week and make extra so you can use leftovers in lunches or dinners.
3. Keep an ongoing grocery list and include an assortment of fruits, veggies, protein sources, whole grains, dairy, healthy fats etc.
4. I love cutting fruits/veggies and storing them in containers. Keep them strategically on the middle shelf front and center in your fridge so it’s the first thing that you see when you open the door.
5. Keep fresh fruit in a bowl on the counter and store treats away (for now). Out of sight, out of mind!
6. Don’t skip meals – nothing good comes from that!
7. Eat from ALL the food groups (as long as you don’t have allergies or intolerances) and don’t eat ‘diet’ foods!
8. Go outdoors for a walk and/or other exercises. You’ll feel better about yourself and it will put you in a better mood since you will be proactive!
9. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water to get your digestive system on its way back on track.
10. Be positive and know that you you’ve got this!!
Take it one meal at a time and remind yourself that this isn’t about being on a diet. It’s for healthy lifestyle changes that are sustainable and are a good fit for you. Focus on being mindful and feeling good about yourself:)
As always, I’d love to hear from you!
Please share in the comments below some of the things that you do to get you back in your groove.