Serves 12 generous pieces or 16 smaller ones
- 1 large package of curly broad noodles (you can use regular or the yolk free ones)
- 1/4 cup of butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups 0% plain or Greek yogurt
- 500 g package of dry, pressed cottage cheese (usually sold in a package wrapped in plastic or use Quark cheese)
- 1 x 540 ml can sliced peaches, packed in it’s own juice, drained
- Cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Rinse with warm water, drain and put in large bowl. Add the butter, egg yolks, sugar, yogurt and cottage cheese and mix well until all combined and smooth. Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the noodle mixture.
Pour half of the noodle mixture in a 9 x 13 greased Pyrex glass baking pan. Arrange the sliced peaches on top and then cover with the remaining noodle mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Bake for 1 hour, the kugel should be firm to the touch and golden.
I usually prepare this the day before I want to serve it and bake it on that day. Delicious!!