- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups of leeks cleaned, chop the white and light green parts
- 8 cups of vegetable stock, chicken stock or water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbs. all purpose white flour
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme, strip the leaves from the branches
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot. When ready, add the olive oil to the pot. Add the chopped leeks and garlic and mix until the leeks soften, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the flour to the leeks and mix well. Add the broth, potatoes, fresh thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well. Put the lid on the pot and press the Manual button and set the time to 8 minutes.
When finished, release the pressure and when ready, remove the lid. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup and add more salt if needed.