- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green onions cut in slices
- 2 pounds of pepper steak (boneless chuck roast cut into 2 inch by 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs. water
- 2 tbs. cornstarch
Press Sauté and add the oil. When warm add the minced garlic, ginger and green onions and stir for about 1 minute, until it’s fragrant.
Press ‘Cancel’ to turn off the Instant Pot and then add the beef, Vidalia onions and peppers to the pot. Stir to coat with the garlic mixture. Add 1/2 cup of water and the tamari and then stir in the hoisin sauce. Close the Instant Pot Lid and check that the steam release handle is in the “Sealing’ position. Press ‘Manual’ and the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ buttons to set for 12 minutes.
Once done, do not remove the lid until the pressure is released. I manually move the handle to the ‘Venting’ position and let it depressurize – it can take 15-20 minutes, so be patient.
Press cancel and open the instant pot. Mix the cornstarch with the 2 tbs. water and add it to the pepper steak to thicken up the sauce. Press ‘Sauté’ and simmer until thickened.
Delicious when served over rice.