- About Me
- My Services
- Contact Me
You can always find a quinoa salad on my table and my guests have come to expect it at my Passover Seders too.
And with good reason! There’s an abundance of sugary, starchy and rich foods over Passover so I always try to have some healthy options available in order to create some balance.
People always ask me the secret to making a good quinoa salad and I tell them to keep it simple and fresh. Fluffy quinoa and an easy simple dressing is all you need to begin. I’ve made a ‘cheat sheet’ with a simple recipe and different alternatives so that you can pick and choose what you like and what’s available. Vary your ingredients and colors and you’ll always have a delicious and fresh quinoa salad everytime!
I’d love to hear from you! What are some of your favorite add ins for quinoa salads?
Please feel free to share your ideas and tips in the comments below:)
Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 12 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered pot on the stove for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool.
When cool add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves and salt and pepper. Add to the salad and toss well.
Other possible ingredients:
• Chopped dried fruit: apricots, figs, dates, blueberries
• Chopped greens: arugula, kale, spinach, radicchio
• Roasted vegetables - peppers, onions, mushrooms, butternut squash
• Red onion
• Fresh fruit: mango, apple, oranges, Asian pear
• Fresh Herbs: mint, cilantro, oregano, basil
• Legumes/beans: chickpeas, edamame, corn niblets (if you eat kitniyot during Passover)