- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbs. minced fresh sage
- 1 tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated (or minced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 pounds acorn squash, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks (I left the skin on)
- 2 Honeycrisp apples. cored and cut into 1 inch chunks (I left the skin on)
- 1 large chicken, spatchcocked (I used a chicken cut into 8 pieces, with the bone and the skin on)
- 1 cup white wine
Preheat the oven to 450°F and preheat a roasting pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, sage, mustard, garlic and 2 heavy pinches of salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the carrots, squash and apples with half of the oil mixture. Season with another heavy pinch of salt. Pour into the hot roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, rub the skin of the chicken with the remaining oil mixture. Place the chicken over the veggies and continue to roast for 30 minutes, then pour the wine into the pan (not on the chicken). Roast another 15-20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 160°F.
Let rest for 10 minutes, then carve (if necessary) and serve.