Serves 3-4 servings
- 1 lb. cod fillets - you could use fresh or thawed from frozen fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. combined dried herbs – I used thyme, oregano, marjoram and basil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. each of sea salt and ground pepper
- Juice from a fresh lemon
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Splash of white wine - optional
Preheat the oven to 400F°
Place the fish in a 9x13 glass baking dish that has been lightly greased with olive oil.
Mix together the minced garlic, herbs, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasonings over the fish. I prepared my fish up to this point earlier in the day, and let it sit covered in my fridge. When ready to bake, drizzle with the lemon juice, olive oil and white wine.
Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the flesh is opaque in color and flakes easily.
Alternatively, you can wrap the fish fillets in an aluminum foil packet and poach it in the oven or on a barbecue grill for about 20 minutes.