- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs. fresh oregano (or use 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil the balsamic vinegar in small saucepan over medium high heat until reduced by half. Stir occasionally, this should take between 3 - 5 minutes, until you feel the balsamic vinegar thicken. When ready, pour the vinegar into a small bowl. Whisk in the Dijon mustard, oregano and garlic. Next whisk the olive oil in, one tablespoon at a time. Set aside.
Cook the cut asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Add the asparagus, bell pepper and tomatoes into a serving bowl. Add some of the dressing with salt and pepper and toss well. Add more dressing if needed. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top and serve.