- 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous (you can use regular)
- 1 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. ketchup
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the couscous into a large mixing bowl. Stir 3/4 cup of boiling water into the couscous, cover with a dishtowel and set aside for about 10 minutes. When ready, fluff with a fork and add the zucchini, onion, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the ground chicken and beaten egg to the bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, Dijon mustard and ketchup together until you have a smooth consistency.
Divide the chicken mixture into 4 portions on the prepared baking sheet. Shape into rectangular mini loaves. Brush the sauce on top of each loaf, place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.