Best Chocolate Chip Meringues

A Few Words…

I don’t only serve desserts at my Passover Seder, it just so happens that I made these the other day so that I can have variety on my dessert table. They freeze great and I wanted to share the recipe with you.

It does seem comical for a Nutritionist to post yummy treats, I admit, but I’m not about the ‘diet’. It really is all about having balance, the 80/20 rule. Eating healthy 80% of the time and leaving that 20% for flexibility so that you don’t feel deprived!

These are light and very easy to make. I can hear you say ‘1 cup of sugar!!’, but first off, I make the meringue cookies small and one batch really does make between 40-50 cookies! Besides, 2 cookies are a snack portion:)

Are you making any meringue cookies?
I’d love to know, so please share your ideas and comments below!!

Best Chocolate Chip Meringues

Print This Recipe Print This Recipe
Yields 40-50 small cookies


  • 4 egg whites
  • Dash salt
  • 1 tsp. white vinegar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips

Put one of the racks in the middle of the oven and then preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the egg whites with salt, vanilla, and vinegar until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating until stiff. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet, but leave room in between since the cookies will expand. You can prepare the 2nd cookie sheet while the 1st cookie sheet is in the oven.

Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are slightly golden, on the middle rack.
Yields approximately 40–50 cookies and freezes well.