- 2 eggplants
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2-3 tbs. tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs. finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbs. olive oil, for serving
You can cook the eggplants 2 ways:
1. Heat up the bbq grill and place the eggplants directly on the grill. Turn occasionally until the eggplant is charred and tender - about 45 minutes to an hour.
2. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the broiler to high. Pierce the eggplants with a fork and place on a foil or parchment lined cookie sheet. Broil the eggplants on the middle rack, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides and completely tender, about 1 hour.
Which ever method you use, let the eggplants cool before cutting them.
Combine the lemon juice, tahini, minced garlic, chopped onion, cumin and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
Cut the eggplants in half, scoop out the eggplant and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until chunky and then add in the tahini mixture and mix well. Cool completely before adding in the parsley.
Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with some olive oil right before ready to serve. Best eaten at room temperature.