Feelin’ Summer Yet?
Do you buy different foods in the summer?
I tend to buy a lot of fresh fruit and although 2 of my kids moved out, I’m still buying as if there are 5 people living in our house. It doesn’t matter how many people that you buy food for, I find that I get enticed by all the glorious colours and end up having way too much!
I bet that if I don’t like wasting food and throwing it out, neither do you!
What to do? Here are a few ideas:
- Throw fresh berries and other fruits into salads and toss with a light vinaigrette. Try it with a poppy seed dressing!
- Spinach salads are absolutely delish with some avocado chunks, red onion, strawberries and balsamic glaze drizzled over
- Watermelon chunks with crumbled feta, some fresh basil or mint and a touch of balsamic glaze is so yummy
- Don’t like fruit in your salads? No problem! Wash and dry your berries well and freeze for later use in smoothies or to be used for baking
- Fresh fruit in a pitcher of water is so refreshing
- Company coming? Make a pitcher of sangria with white wine, club soda and fruit (my son Jarred has a fabulous recipe, you can always message me for it!)
Feel inspired? I’d love to hear from you!
Please feel free to share your ideas and tips below!