Do You Need a More Interesting Salad?
Are you finding yourself a little bored of eating the same salad?
I love salad, but when (not if!) I eat the same thing several days in a row, I find that I start picking at other things in my cupboard and fridge. Mindless Eating – that’s what it is. Boredom of what I’m eating. Do you know what I mean?
One of my strategies to get around this is to mix things up. By changing up the ingredients you introduce a whole new salad that’s full of flavor and different textures. Small changes like this really help the mind and body when trying to eat healthier and mindful.
Here are a few ideas for salads without ‘greens’. Maybe something will inspire you!
- Artichoke hearts tossed with fresh lemon juice, hearts of palm, diced cucumber, chopped red onion, diced avocados, chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roasted veggies – onions, red peppers, zucchini, carrots and mushrooms cut in bite-sized pieces. Add cooked lentils, chopped green onions, fresh rosemary, garlic and toss with an olive oil /lemon juice vinaigrette.
- Thin slices of fennel, orange slices, sliced radishes, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste, drizzle of olive oil and lime juice. Top with shelled pistachio nuts.
- Blanched green beans, cherry tomato halves, sliced olives, and chopped eggs.
- Corn niblets, diced cucumbers, diced red peppers, chopped red onion, fresh dill and crumbled feta with a vinaigrette dressing.
- Different colors of cherry tomatoes, bocconcini or fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Anything calling your name here? As always, I would love to hear from you!
Please share your ideas in the comments below.